Monday, August 28, 2006

Scene Graph and Resource Cache UML Class Design

I'm getting back into my game programming again, and I have put the code in to attach one mesh to another (sword to hand of character for example). Seems to work great. It was a bit of a grind going over my classes again, so I used visio to create a UML class diagram showing the basic structure of the scene graph and resource classes. Although I am not touting this as the best solution, it seems to work great and may be of help to amateur game programmers.


Below is shown a screenshot from the latest engine. This shot shows how a mesh such as a sword can be attached to the character's hand using the AttachNode object. The AttachNode object takes the AnimatedMesh reference and the name of the bone to attach to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home